WHY YOU SHOULD TRY A MUSIC FESTIVAL BY YOURSELF…
We all love music festivals but have you ever considered going without the squad? Going to a music festival alone is not for everyone but it just might be for you. Take a chance, you might be surprised at how much fun you have.
My do’s and don’ts for going alone to a festival
- Put yourself out there! Say hello to the people around you. Everyone is there to meet new people and be friendly! Bring something to share. I recommend diffraction glasses, arm candy, jolly ranchers, and good vibes.
- Have the set list as your phone background or in your back pocket. This can help you start a conversation and find out where everyone is going.
- Go with the flow. If someone invites you along in the group, jump in you never know where it could take you!
- Set up a great spot during the day. Find a cool spot to chill, good chance someone will come up and sit with you.
- Set high expectations. Try going into the festival knowing that as long as you hear a couple great sets you will have had an amazing time.
- Be overly aggressive and try to get in on everyone’s group. This can come off the wrong way and give off bad vibes.
- Overindulge. You are alone, you need to be aware of your surroundings and stay safe!
Overall, going to a festival alone can be one of the best things you do this year! You will make new friends, hear great music, and gain a new appreciation for the EDM community!
Industry leader in EDM health and your hub for EDM news, festival reviews, and more.